Yawn. It’s Monday. We were up late last night trying to get ourselves live, but nonetheless we are excited for what normally is the most blah day of the week. Aside from being up, today (us) New Yorkers are making history by swearing in David Patterson, who will be the stateâ€™s first African-American, and legally-blind governor!
Some may call this a win by default, but since Spitzer couldnâ€™t keep it zipped up and under wrapsâ€“David is now the man, and judging from his sense of humor, we think heâ€™s going to make it work in Albany:
“Just so we donâ€™t have to go through this whole resignation thing again,” one ballsy reporter asked, “have you ever patronized a prostitute?” Patterson thought for a minute. “Only the lobbyists,” he said.
We just may be in love.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016