Yawn. It’s Monday. We were up late last night trying to get ourselves live, but nonetheless we are excited for what normally is the most blah day of the week. Aside from being up, today (us) New Yorkers are making history by swearing in David Patterson, who will be the stateâ€™s first African-American, and legally-blind governor!
Some may call this a win by default, but since Spitzer couldnâ€™t keep it zipped up and under wrapsâ€“David is now the man, and judging from his sense of humor, we think heâ€™s going to make it work in Albany:
“Just so we donâ€™t have to go through this whole resignation thing again,” one ballsy reporter asked, “have you ever patronized a prostitute?” Patterson thought for a minute. “Only the lobbyists,” he said.
We just may be in love.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016