Yawn. It’s Monday. We were up late last night trying to get ourselves live, but nonetheless we are excited for what normally is the most blah day of the week. Aside from being up, today (us) New Yorkers are making history by swearing in David Patterson, who will be the stateâ€™s first African-American, and legally-blind governor!
Some may call this a win by default, but since Spitzer couldnâ€™t keep it zipped up and under wrapsâ€“David is now the man, and judging from his sense of humor, we think heâ€™s going to make it work in Albany:
“Just so we donâ€™t have to go through this whole resignation thing again,” one ballsy reporter asked, “have you ever patronized a prostitute?” Patterson thought for a minute. “Only the lobbyists,” he said.
We just may be in love.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017