I don’t know about you but I could never get in on the super-dark, vampy nail polish trend. Whenever I’d try it, I’d get flashbacks of “Rebecca,” the goth girl in my middle school who insisted on being called “Ecca, the Angel of Darkness.” She wore spiked chokers and white contact lenses. Scary.
The good thing about trends though is that they change. This spring, the new black is gray, a great neutral hue with a chic, edgy feel. And just like the black lacquers of yester-year transformed over time to incorporate colors like blue and purple, this year’s grays are more than monochromatic.
Try: Rescue Beauty Lounge Concrete Jungle, $18
Try: OPI Moon Over Mumbai, $7
Try: Essie Body Language, $8
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016