I don’t know about you but I could never get in on the super-dark, vampy nail polish trend. Whenever I’d try it, I’d get flashbacks of “Rebecca,” the goth girl in my middle school who insisted on being called “Ecca, the Angel of Darkness.” She wore spiked chokers and white contact lenses. Scary.
The good thing about trends though is that they change. This spring, the new black is gray, a great neutral hue with a chic, edgy feel. And just like the black lacquers of yester-year transformed over time to incorporate colors like blue and purple, this year’s grays are more than monochromatic.
Try: Rescue Beauty Lounge Concrete Jungle, $18
Try: OPI Moon Over Mumbai, $7
Try: Essie Body Language, $8
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016
- Travel Bites: New Zika Warnings, Etihad's Designer Style & More! - October 3rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016