In talking to The Daily Telegraph‘s Neil McCormick, Cruz basically sums up today’s urban-pop music formula in one sentence:
“In any industry there are formulas to work with. I don’t always look for the greatest lyrical content, just get to the point, express the feeling in a way the audience can understand.
The melody is like the good looks of the person and the lyrics are the personality. The first time you hear it you get the melody and you’re not really listening to what they are saying.”
I say, he’s going to fit right in if and when he crosses the pond.
Taio Cruz: the public school soul sensation [Telegraph]
Check out his video for his hit, “Come On Girl”:
What do you think? Also, doesn’t he look like Ne-Yo’s cousin?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016