Supreme, the skate/lifestyle brand that would probably collaborate with a line of blenders, is releasing new shirts featuring the 1975 cult-classic, Coonskin aka Streetfight, written and directed by Ralph Bakshi (Cool World, Fritz The Cat, Fire and Ice). For some reason I suspect that Supreme’s appreciation for this movie lies in the fact that one of the characters had big tits and Barry White was in it.
I’m waiting to see what will happen when the hipsters that cop this shirt actually watch the movie (you know, to get the “story”) and realize that America is portrayed as a busty girl with a mean STD. But this is streetwear, which is currently devoid of any originality…
This kinda reminds me of a guy I once worked with, who I am convinced, was always a pimp for Halloween just so he can use “yo”, “baby” and “holla” in a sentence.
I’m giving this tee a mean side-eye.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016