Rewind to 1986. When I was a little girl, nothing was better than watching my mom and her girlfriends get ready to go out. Their hype music was always the all-female band, Klymaxx and they would lip synch in front of the mirror: mommy sang lead, Aunt J did the backup and standard bump-n-grind dance moves, and I did the monologue, originally performed with the fierceness by band drummer and founder, Bernadette Cooper. With ALL the drama that only a 8-year old could give, I mouthed the words â€œI hate to come down to the level of becoming a BW, a basic woman â€“ but if they donâ€™t stop, itâ€™s going to get scandalous.â€ Yeah, I started young.
Their two of many hits, “Men All Pause” and “Meeting in The Ladies Room” are still on heavy rotation in the crib. Enjoy!
Meeting In The Ladies Room
The Men All Pause
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017