Rewind to 1986. When I was a little girl, nothing was better than watching my mom and her girlfriends get ready to go out. Their hype music was always the all-female band, Klymaxx and they would lip synch in front of the mirror: mommy sang lead, Aunt J did the backup and standard bump-n-grind dance moves, and I did the monologue, originally performed with the fierceness by band drummer and founder, Bernadette Cooper. With ALL the drama that only a 8-year old could give, I mouthed the words â€œI hate to come down to the level of becoming a BW, a basic woman â€“ but if they donâ€™t stop, itâ€™s going to get scandalous.â€ Yeah, I started young.
Their two of many hits, “Men All Pause” and “Meeting in The Ladies Room” are still on heavy rotation in the crib. Enjoy!
Meeting In The Ladies Room
The Men All Pause
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016