Rewind to 1986. When I was a little girl, nothing was better than watching my mom and her girlfriends get ready to go out. Their hype music was always the all-female band, Klymaxx and they would lip synch in front of the mirror: mommy sang lead, Aunt J did the backup and standard bump-n-grind dance moves, and I did the monologue, originally performed with the fierceness by band drummer and founder, Bernadette Cooper. With ALL the drama that only a 8-year old could give, I mouthed the words â€œI hate to come down to the level of becoming a BW, a basic woman â€“ but if they donâ€™t stop, itâ€™s going to get scandalous.â€ Yeah, I started young.
Their two of many hits, “Men All Pause” and “Meeting in The Ladies Room” are still on heavy rotation in the crib. Enjoy!
Meeting In The Ladies Room
The Men All Pause
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016