“I can’t believe you think that of me” (2006) by Mustafa Maluka
Flow, the new exhibit at the Studio Museum in Harlem is now open, and from the images that I’ve already seenâ€“im very excited. Inspired by the newly named set of “Afropolitans”, ie. Africans living abroad in Europe or the United States, the exhibit offers a fresh, contemporary artistic view of Africa rarely seen in the museum community as well as mainstream popular culture. Featuring 75 works by 20 new need-to-know African artists and curated by Christine Y. Kim, Flow offers all spectrums and mediums, offering a perfect reason to rock that new Duro Olowu dress (congrats Thelma!) on 125th street on a spring afternoon.
Stay Fly Ladies!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016