“I can’t believe you think that of me” (2006) by Mustafa Maluka
Flow, the new exhibit at the Studio Museum in Harlem is now open, and from the images that I’ve already seenâ€“im very excited. Inspired by the newly named set of “Afropolitans”, ie. Africans living abroad in Europe or the United States, the exhibit offers a fresh, contemporary artistic view of Africa rarely seen in the museum community as well as mainstream popular culture. Featuring 75 works by 20 new need-to-know African artists and curated by Christine Y. Kim, Flow offers all spectrums and mediums, offering a perfect reason to rock that new Duro Olowu dress (congrats Thelma!) on 125th street on a spring afternoon.
Stay Fly Ladies!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017