When I saw Kaye’s clip this morning, the silhouettes totally reminded me of the Kara Walker exhibit, “My Complement, My Enemy, My Oppressor, My Love,” I saw this winter at New York’s Whitney Museum. While Ye’s video is without references to slavery and white men giving birth to little brown babiesâ€“Walker staples, I do feel his use of silhouettes is similar. See below for Ms. Walker’s work.
props to MissInfo
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015