When I saw Kaye’s clip this morning, the silhouettes totally reminded me of the Kara Walker exhibit, “My Complement, My Enemy, My Oppressor, My Love,” I saw this winter at New York’s Whitney Museum. While Ye’s video is without references to slavery and white men giving birth to little brown babiesâ€“Walker staples, I do feel his use of silhouettes is similar. See below for Ms. Walker’s work.
props to MissInfo
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015