Is it just because I’m an Aries who doesn’t like being told about herself, or is every woman of color tired of the pundits’ talk during this election cycle? For real, if I have to hear another white cat pontificate about how as a black woman, I “have a tough choice to make” in deciding between the woman and the black man, I’m gonna put a stiletto through my television screen (okay, maybe not for real â€˜cause I need that joint to watch the Pennsylvania primary results come in tonight, but you feel me).
These are not new sentiments, these assertions that women vote based on emotion and non-whites vote out of a perceived sense of kinship, but this is the first time the two have come to the forefront together, intertwined like twin poisonous snakes shoved in a dark sack and blind with rage. (Some trivia for you: Victoria Woodhull was actually the first woman to run for president back in 1872, the same year Frederick Douglass was nominated for the VP spot-he declined to run.)
If you like Kenrya’s perspective, check out her first post here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016