Exactly 40 years ago today, American civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee as he stood on the balcony of a motel. During your day today, make time to lift up a glass, say a prayer, take a minute, etc. in his honor and reflect on his never-ending legacy. To learn more about Martin Luther “The” King as my grammy used to say – click here.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016