I don’t know about you, but I’ve always had an appreciation for the “different.” So when I saw Jamiroquai’s “Virtual Insanity” video in 1996, I thought the band was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Looking back, Jay Kay, the lead singer, sliding around on that moving floor in that lil’ bitty room with that HUGE hat is just too 90’s. “Virtual Insanity” typifies the decade’s obsession with futuristic gear and the end of the world since 2000 hadn’t hit yet. Plus, Jay’s soulful voice probably made it easier for me to appreciate Jamiroquai’s funky brand of delicious acid jazz. Enjoy!
more Jamiroquai Throwbacks after the jump…
This was the group’s real 1994 introduction “Space Cowboy”…I was late to the party.
AND HERE’S Jamiroquai’s booty shake anthem that I LOVE, “Do You Know Where You’re Coming From.” “I was left down, I was left down…”
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015