Iâ€™m an equal-opportunist when it comes to skincare; there are some all-natural products I swear by and there are some chemical-packed products I can’t live without either. If it worksâ€¦good. I never really gave much more thought to it than that.
But, after attending a press conference hosted by the Natural Products Association, (they just launched this neat certification program that would provide truly-natural products with a universal seal stamped right on the package) my appreciation for â€œnaturalsâ€ has grown.
Here’s some food for thought; despite going through scientific testing, we routinely hear about synthetic beauty ingredients that become harmful over time. In contrast, some natural ingredients like aloe have been used repeatedly, over generations for its healing properties with no adverse affects.
Something else I didnâ€™t know: Nearly two-thirds of products that say they are natural contain some very un-natural ingredients like petroleum. Ugh! Beauty companies, why must you lie to us?
Iâ€™d like to leave you with a few of my must-have organic/natural beauty products:
-Ilike Sour Cherry Gel Face Mask, $36 (above)
-Burtâ€™s Bees Lip Shimmer in Papaya, $5
-Kinky-Curly Come Clean, $12
Whatâ€™s your fave ALL-NATURAL beauty product? Please, do tell.
Like Mrs. Ayrenâ€™s tips? Check out the rest of her posts here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016