Saunas are good for the skin â€“ they detox, they stimulate circulation, they soothe muscles, they tighten pores. I get it. But at Spa Castle, a five-story/ 60,000 square foot super spa in Queens, N.Y., one sauna just isnâ€™t enough.
This super-facility (recently featured in the NY Times and inspired by traditional Asian spas) brings together seven uniquely themed rooms â€“ including a salt sauna room lined with pure blocks of salt from the Himalayas and a gold room filled with solid gold plates known to comfort sore limbs.
Iâ€™m still up in the air about this place. Itâ€™s a little too theme-parky for my tastes (read: lines, wristbands, and strangers in swimsuits). For a beauty junkie like me, though, there is something very intriguing about this odd spa.
If anyone goes, tell me what you think.
To get more of Mrs. Ayren, our resident beauty expert, click here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016
- Travel Bites: New Zika Warnings, Etihad's Designer Style & More! - October 3rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016