Not if their dye job is mediocre. If you’re thinking of lightening things up for summer, go for it! But, follow these general rules to pick the best hue for you.
Rule No. 1: If you have yellow undertones, deep golds are NOT the answer. Everything else is an option.
Rule No. 2: If you have pink or red undertones, steer clear of strawberry shades. Everything else is an option.
Rule No. 3: Short hair looks better with full color.
Rule No. 4: Medium-to-long hair looks better with highlights.
Rule No. 5: If you’re dying your hair yourself with a box kit, it’s best to go no more than two shades lighter than your current color.
If you like Mrs. Ayrens beauty tips, check out the rest of her posts here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Nia Groce - January 16th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016