” I feel wonderful, and I think thatâ€™s the key. This is the best life Iâ€™ve ever had. I canâ€™t get over it. “
– Jill Scott, being interviewed on the eve of her Carnegie Hall show on June 20th. Read it here.
One of our ParlourMaids was at Jill Scott’s Carnegie Hall performance over the weekend in New York City, where she announced her engagement! Apparently, after the 2nd or 3rd encore, her boo-to-be and drummer Jon Roberts aka Lil’ Jon presented her with a bouqet of flowers and they kissed…then told the audience their good news to an applause. She then gave the audience another encore which our Parlour girl says “gave me goosebumps.” After a painful semi-public divorce, reflected on her last album, The Real Thing Words & Sounds Vol. 3, we extend to her the very best of luck and love. And from what friends tell us, Lil’ Jon is one of the most talented and geniune guys in the biz. Congratulations Jill & Jon!
ps. Jill, we LOVE the new haircut…can we see it more often?
-The Parlour Fam
while we are in the “exclusive” mood today…check out our recent exclusive interview with Common.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016