Oooooh. I can’t even tell you the evil things I was contemplating to do to my bank account when I came across Nicholas Kirkwood’s new Spring/Summer ’08 line of shoes. His shoes aren’t shoes. They are sculptural works of art, deserving of only the most put-together ensemble to pull them off correctly. Phillip Lim, Basso&Brooke and Belstaff must think the same way because they recently collaborated wth Kirkwood for their Spring 2008 collections. This line, inspired by butterflies and armour, feature python, lizard, patent leather and swarovski crystalsâ€“who say’s your handbags get to have all of the fun? I’m sold…I have a problem, I admit. But seriously, who can deny these?
â€”JBaker is obsessed.
Online, Kirkwood’s collection is being sold at:
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017