Only in the United Kingdom could you have the Miss Great Britain Party, The Official Monster Raving Loony party, and the Church of the Militant Elvis Party all standing in a local election… you gotta love politics over here. They obviously have no chance of being voted in â€” but it’s the reason behind the vote that’s the interesting bit.
A politician called David Davis resigned from his post because of the UK government’s plans to extend the time terror suspects can be held without charge by the police to 42 days. Davis called it the “slow strangulation of fundamental British freedoms.” Well whether you agree with him or not, it’s been an amusing election.
You’ve got the heavy-weights of TV news interviewing candidates about double-page spreads in FHM (Miss. Great Britain obviously), why they only wear cow print trousers (Mad-Cow girl from the Raving Loony Party), and about their blow up doll leader “Lesbian Elvis” (I guess that one’s kinda obvious). It’s brought us no end of jokes this side of the pond. Do you guys in the States have such fun when it comes to politics?!
Check it out for yourself here
â€”Miss London Party
Davis pict'd on left on the day of his resignation, image via Telegraph
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016