Only in the United Kingdom could you have the Miss Great Britain Party, The Official Monster Raving Loony party, and the Church of the Militant Elvis Party all standing in a local election… you gotta love politics over here. They obviously have no chance of being voted in â€” but it’s the reason behind the vote that’s the interesting bit.
A politician called David Davis resigned from his post because of the UK government’s plans to extend the time terror suspects can be held without charge by the police to 42 days. Davis called it the “slow strangulation of fundamental British freedoms.” Well whether you agree with him or not, it’s been an amusing election.
You’ve got the heavy-weights of TV news interviewing candidates about double-page spreads in FHM (Miss. Great Britain obviously), why they only wear cow print trousers (Mad-Cow girl from the Raving Loony Party), and about their blow up doll leader “Lesbian Elvis” (I guess that one’s kinda obvious). It’s brought us no end of jokes this side of the pond. Do you guys in the States have such fun when it comes to politics?!
Check it out for yourself here
â€”Miss London Party
Davis pict'd on left on the day of his resignation, image via Telegraph
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Silk Road Eats, Vacation Home Tips & more! - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Ecuador Needs The Love, Avoiding Vacay Gains & More! - August 7th, 2016