As soon as I saw it, I instantly fell in love with the simplicity of this soft look created by makeup guru, Pat McGrath for Roberto Cavalliâ€™s 2008 fashion show. Of course, Ms. McGrathâ€™s pro technique included, like, 50 million steps (a trio of eye shadows, a wet liner, a white-gold loose powder, shine, etc.â€¦.). But, since most of us donâ€™t have much more than 10 minutes to do our hair and makeup every morning, I found oneâ€”yes, one â€” product that emulates this fresh eye look.
Just use your ring finger (because the other fingers can pull the delicate skin around our peepers) to smooth Laura Mercier Metallic CrÃ¨me Eye Colour in Gold? ($22) all over your eyelid (donâ€™t worry, it works for every skin tone).
Then take a shadow brush to smudge your bottom lash line in the hue, too. As far as everything else goes: lips should be bronzey and moisturized-looking, cheeks should be slightly flushed, and hair should be clean, and a little undone. So sexy. So simple.
If you like Mrs. Ayrens beauty tips, check out the rest of her posts here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016
- Travel Bites: New Zika Warnings, Etihad's Designer Style & More! - October 3rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016