Our Politrix columnist Kenrya sent this over last night-does this sound suspect to you?
…….“A 19-year-old man suspected of killing a Prince George’s County police officer was strangled in the county jail two days after his arrest, the state medical examiner’s office concluded yesterday.
Ronnie L. White, who was found unresponsive Sunday morning, died of asphyxiation, and two small bones in his neck were broken, according to preliminary autopsy findings. County officials said he was separated from other inmates; only seven guards and an undisclosed number of supervisors had access to the area where White was held.
The news that White was killed drew immediate condemnation from civil rights advocates. The FBI began a civil rights probe, and Maryland State Police took over the investigation of White’s death at the request of county officials. Investigators from both agencies were interviewing guards at the jail last night, County Executive Jack B. Johnson (D) said at a news conference, where he announced the medical examiner’s findings.”
Sounds like a movie right? Only it isn’t. Discuss.
Read the rest here.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016