Mahogs and I are convinced that America (and maybe the rest of the world- French Kissed? Miss London?) has fallen in love with Michelle Obama because she’s been here before. Mrs. Obama bares a striking resemblance to a TV icon many Americans grew up loving and- if we’re honest with ourselves- after whom most men in our age bracket fashion their dream woman. That’s right, Michelle = Claire (Hanks) Huxtable.
From the cute well-behaved kids, her consistent ability to look flawless and even her law degree and history at a big name Chicago law firm, Michelle IS the successful black woman who’s been able to strike a loving balance between career and family without breaking a sweat. Now, maybe she breaks down every once and awhile, grabs a cosmo and passes out, but we’ll probably never see that side of her and frankly- I don’t want to. I want to keep my dream of her perfection going. So here’s to the new Claire Huxtable!
Do you agree? If you missed her glory, watch her amazing Democratic National Convention speech after the jump.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016