(don’t you LOVE this picture?)
Well, we don’t think so, but some do. Actually, the Bush Administration does..so blame them. George is really trying to clean up on his way out! According to this gem we found on the Wall Street Journal’s website:
“The Bush Administration has ignited a furor with a proposed definition of pregnancy that has the effect of classifying some of the most widely used methods of contraception as abortion.
A draft regulation, still being revised and debated, treats most birth-control pills and intrauterine devices as abortion because they can work by preventing fertilized eggs from implanting in the uterus. The regulation considers that destroying “the life of a human being.“
Wow. So the pill=abortion? You mean to tell me that the YAZ commercial gets on Bush’s nerves just as much as mineâ€”really, who talks like that? She makes me want to push her off the roof. Moving on…
If this bill passes, access to the pill, along with other contraception methods would be restricted…leading us back to the “Brenda’s Got A Baby” days…which most of us would rather forget. Barack Obama is against of the proposal along with the rest of sensible America, but John McCain is remaining silent on the issue as expected…he’s got a rep to protect and all.
Crazy, right? It gets worse as you read…I’m in a rush (in the airport!) so I can’t do a blow-by-blow so read the rest for yourself here.
-JBaker is too lazy to take the pill, but somehow remembers to eat a bially with butter and jelly everyday. Carbs over contraception!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016