Since style is natural and sharing is caring, below are some tidbits of news, musings and all-around “need-to-knows” for my fellow Parlourettes! – JBaker
GAP X Colette
Parisian uber-cool boutique Colette has teamed up with the Gap to open up a month-long pop-up shop at American designer’s NYC flagship store at 54th & 5th. The store will feature limited-edition items from artists & designers like ESPO, Longchamp, Claw Money and Comme des GarÃ§ons, as well as custom Gap pieces. Are you excited? Maybe your fervor will set in on September 6th, when the store sets to open, but hurry, it closes October 5th.
Aside from wine and cheese, something in life tend to age…including your underwear. Personally, my mother didn’t allow anything lacy/sheer/etc. until I was in high school. So I absolutely hope she never rests her eyes on this pair…which is being marketed to 8 years olds. Seriously! Says the start of the article:
“In April 2008 this year, the British supermarket giant Tesco was criticised for selling padded plunge-bras to girls as young as seven. This is not the first time Tesco has been berated for sourcing, marketing and retailing what is deemed as undesirable clothing and accessories to children. In 2006, the retail chain was forced to remove a children’s pole-dancing kit.”
I too, am speechless.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016