It’s Friday! But sadly, it’s August, which means that for many of us Summer Fridays is almost over. Booo! Well, we always have the weekend to look forward to, and here in NYC we have one of the greatest things ever inventedâ€”Central Park SummerStage! Free or low admission, people watching and great entertainment from theater to music. Last Sunday, while Steely & Mahogs were sweating at Rock The Salty Balls Bells, our main man Anthony Armstrong went to Giant Step’s SummerStage event and captured some great summer moments.
Above: Janelle Monae
Janelle Monae w/her signature Col. Sanders inspired style, yes, we love her still.
Who said New Yorkers were rude? Janelle gets a lift.
Giles Peterson was there! Here, he looks confused, maybe he’s concerned about the next record?
Nah! He’s got it. Gotta love a man who will make us stay in the house to listen to his radio show. Giles=Dope.
Imani of Little Jackie did her thing…
Imani takes it to the eighties and talks to the crowd.
Well kiddies, hopefully you are on your way to a great weekend! Enjoy!
-JBaker & The Parlour Fam
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017