It’s Friday! But sadly, it’s August, which means that for many of us Summer Fridays is almost over. Booo! Well, we always have the weekend to look forward to, and here in NYC we have one of the greatest things ever inventedâ€”Central Park SummerStage! Free or low admission, people watching and great entertainment from theater to music. Last Sunday, while Steely & Mahogs were sweating at Rock The Salty Balls Bells, our main man Anthony Armstrong went to Giant Step’s SummerStage event and captured some great summer moments.
Above: Janelle Monae
Janelle Monae w/her signature Col. Sanders inspired style, yes, we love her still.
Who said New Yorkers were rude? Janelle gets a lift.
Giles Peterson was there! Here, he looks confused, maybe he’s concerned about the next record?
Nah! He’s got it. Gotta love a man who will make us stay in the house to listen to his radio show. Giles=Dope.
Imani of Little Jackie did her thing…
Imani takes it to the eighties and talks to the crowd.
Well kiddies, hopefully you are on your way to a great weekend! Enjoy!
-JBaker & The Parlour Fam
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016