While lately most people strive to mismatch on purpose, I want to challenge you to try a uni-hue color story. The key is to keep it simple, one major piece in one shade of the same color. Now don’t go get a mushroom belt, mushroom vest and a mushroomed lined jacketâ€¦(i.e. John Witherspoon in Boomerang ) But do try a bold color head to toe. In this case, I chose a rich purple and put together a total look that won’t leave you a Barney lookâ€“a-like.
Nail polish “HuckleBuckle” by Essie, $8 available at www.essieshop.com
Shoes “Butterfly Shoes” by Marc Jacobs $895 available at net-a-porter.com
Sunglasses “Luxe” by Linda Farrow $625 available at lindafarrowvintage.com
Purse by Marc Jacob Collection available at www.MarcJacobs.com
T-shirt Dress by Vanessa Bruno $290 available at www.net-a-porter.com
And just for giggles, here’s today’s cinematic inspiration. Enjoy!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elisia Brown - July 18th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Ianthia Smith - May 6th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Monet Hambrick - February 19th, 2017
- NYE Heartbreak: How I Reclaimed Myself In New York City - January 29th, 2017