The reality is that Jade is a 27-year-old mum of two who has cancer. It doesn’t matter what some newspaper editor may think of her, but the woman’s got to have a hysterectomy – having sympathy shouldn’t be something that’s up for debate.
The footage of her getting the phonecall in the Big Brother diary room, and her reaction to the news was aired on TV both here and in India. She didn’t give her permission, so what should have been a very personal moment was on TV news stations on both continents. And guess what the public watched…and watched…lapping it up.
We take the piss out of our reality TV stars/wannabe’s all the time… I mean essentially they’re fame hungry, money-hungry, and should really get a proper job. But it’s we the public and the media who feed into it, and create these stars. So is the blame then on us for Jade’s anguish and possible death into a free-for-all?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015