The Mexican government has just released a sex-ed text book in Mexico City schools that teaches about more than just the birds and the bees, with sections on “women’s rights, domestic violence and respect for different sexual preferences.”Â The book even touches on what to do when the bees taste the honey without taking precaution and you have to take the morning after pill.Â While some parents are pretty P.O.’d about the book, the kids and I agree that it’s pretty awesome to gain such an understanding of sexuality and issues pertaining to sex at such a young age.
Part of the reason the book was released was due to a survey that revealed that most teens in Mexico City begin having sex at age 13.Â And the US government can’t even agree that abstinence education is not getting the country anything but more babies and more kids with STDs.Â Just another reason to head South.
Check this video on CNN.com out to find out why I heart Mexico.Â Thoughts Ladies?
Last 5 posts by Bobbi
- Best of '09: SEX DRIVE! Sex Sells Duh!!! - December 21st, 2009
- News Bites: Khloe and Lamar on Chelsea Lately; No Power share for Honduras; Your Body has Lots of Bacteria; Gordon Brown Tells Karzai to End Corruption; Usher & Tameka are Done - November 6th, 2009
- Happy Birthday Anna Wintour; Republicans Win NJ and Virginia Gov; Bloomberg's Third Term; Karza Pledges to End Corruption; Uncertainty for Flight of the Concords - November 4th, 2009
- News Bites: Cali Talks of Legalizing It; Hugowood is flopping; LIl' Wayne's new MixTape; UN employees killed; W Mag Layoffs - October 28th, 2009
- News Bites: Gordon Voidwell; Airplane Misses it's Airport; BNP Leader: "London has been Ethnically Cleansed"; Timid Tigers are Cute; Pay Cuts for Bank Execs. - October 23rd, 2009