Gotta love Japan! While us girls here in the states in across the pond in Europe have to wait for the looks we love on the runway to appear in stores, our Japanese sistren have us beatâ€”again. Last week, the 7th edition of TGC, or Tokyo Girls Collection popped off. So, what is it that makes TGC so great? Blend Fashion Week with H&M-like brands and prices and the ability to buy the clothes you like in real time, as you see them coming down the ramp, via your cell phone. The event is open to everyone who can buy a ticket (top price: $100 for a VIP seat), democratizing the often elitist fashion-week modus operandi known around the globe. Obviously, the 22K+ girls who attended last week thought the same thing. Expect this trend to hit our shores soon (we hope!).
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016