From Agyness Deyn to Chloe Sevigny, it seems that more and more celebs across the pond are also making the investment. Although, a Royce Union or Electra are totally out of my price range. I especially can’t afford Chanel’s latest offering which is a pricey $9,000:
Or there’s always the Gucci special edition Dutch-style city bicycle. A cool $3,400:
But considering both of those are likely to get nicked on the streets of London, I’ll stick with the $300 one I bought.
The way forward is to buy semi-expensive accessories to put on the bike… that are easy to carry around. So my new favourite website is CycleChic, which featured in Vogue’s October trend list. And these are my current two favourite purchases:
A red tartan box bag, and a Bern helmet (although I’m not wearing the helmet yet, as helmet hair is not attractive in the slightest).
So my friends and I are mighty proud of our first step into accepting that a recession is on the way. However if I continue this obsession with bicycle accessories…we may have a problem.
Like Miss Londonâ€™s perspective? Read the rest of her posts here.
Last 5 posts by Miss London
- Colombia Isn't The Cocaine Capital You Recall: Passport! - May 18th, 2012
- London Riots: You Can Try to Destroy Us, But London Will Survive - August 10th, 2011
- What Tinie Tempah's Success Means For UK Black Music - March 14th, 2011
- Inter-racial Adoption: Yes Or No? I (Unpopularly) Say Yes - March 3rd, 2011
- Nelly Furtado, NOW You Read About Gaddafi? And You, Beyonce? - March 1st, 2011