Is it November 5th, yet?! I donâ€™t know about yâ€™all, but this election is wearing me out. Between the (awful) debates, the (hilarious) SNL skits and the (annoying) talking heads and campaign spin artists, Iâ€™m ready for this thing to be O-V-E-R, over.
Iâ€™m so ready, I compiled this list of The Top Ten Things I Never Want to Hear/Read/Say Again. Now Iâ€™m too much of a lefty to say we should ban then, but letâ€™s retire them from the lexicon, shall we? (At least for the next four years.) Here goes:
10. Bridge to nowhere
9. Battleground states
8. â€œThe surge is working.â€
6. Bailout (also, financial crisis)
5. Pitbull + Lipstick = Hockey Mom
4. Un-American (ie: doesnâ€™t wear a flag pin)
1. President George â€œDubbyaâ€ Bush
If you like Kenryaâ€™s opinion, check out the rest of her posts here.
Last 5 posts by kenrya
- More Than Hair: How a Mom's Blowout Affected Her Daughter - March 15th, 2013
- No White Dolls Allowed: One Mom on Choosing Brown Dolls for Her Brown Girl - December 21st, 2012
- Why I'm Still Breastfeeding My One-Year-Old - August 8th, 2012
- My Family Never Thought I'd Have Kids, But I Did: Black + Green Mama - June 22nd, 2012
- 'Start It Up'!: Parlour Columnist Kenrya Rankin Tackles Teen — & Adult — Entrepreneurship - December 23rd, 2011