Stocks plunge. Homes foreclose. Red lipstick sales skyrocket…
According to K. MacDonald Parris (aka Parris), Senior Brand Manager of Black Radiance (a leading mass cosmetics line for African American and Latina women), within the last few weeks, sales of their red lipstick shades have skyrocketed from around 12 tubes/week to an astounding 52 tubes/week. So what does Parris attribute this phenomenon to? It’s simple, really: “Women are cutting back on their expenses, yet they don’t want to sacrifice glamour,” he explains. I agree; red lipstick (especially in a hot color!) epitomizes richness and beauty. And, apparently, it just might be one of your best investments right now.
What’s your theory on the lipstick sales spike?
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Silk Road Eats, Vacation Home Tips & more! - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Ecuador Needs The Love, Avoiding Vacay Gains & More! - August 7th, 2016