Our boy Eskay peeped the reviews from MySpace and The Fader talking about the 808 & Heartbreak LP listening last night in Los Angeles. Folks are describing this record- Common started it- as ‘Ye’s Electric Circus. Hey man, I LIKED Electric Circus (<<“I Am Music” was my grandfather’s JAM). I believe in an artist’s freedom to be a weirdo if they like- I might not want to listen to it more than once but I respect ‘Ye’s drive to do something different. Still, if you’re totally against the vocoder- he’s got another album dropping in June apparently. Oh yeah- above ‘Ye performs “Love Lockdown” on Kimmel.
PS. you KNOW you liked Common’s “Come Close” ft Mary J Blige– guess what album? Electric Circus…
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015