Looking at this article in yesterday’s NYTimes, I would like to implore all of you to call your Board of Elections and double/triple check your voting status! According to the piece, citizens in the “swing state” (suspect) may be the victims of seemingly illegal practices by their home states, resulting in them losing their voting eligibility:
“The six swing states seem to be in violation of federal law in two ways. Michigan and Colorado are removing voters from the rolls within 90 days of a federal election, which is not allowed except when voters die, notify the authorities that they have moved out of state, or have been declared unfit to vote.
Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina and Ohio seem to be improperly using Social Security data to verify registration applications for new voters.”
Sigh. Sadly, I saw nothing about this on the news…and I’m not surprised. Check your status folks!!
States’ Actions to Block Voters Appear Illegal [NYTimes]
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016