Looking at this article in yesterday’s NYTimes, I would like to implore all of you to call your Board of Elections and double/triple check your voting status! According to the piece, citizens in the “swing state” (suspect) may be the victims of seemingly illegal practices by their home states, resulting in them losing their voting eligibility:
“The six swing states seem to be in violation of federal law in two ways. Michigan and Colorado are removing voters from the rolls within 90 days of a federal election, which is not allowed except when voters die, notify the authorities that they have moved out of state, or have been declared unfit to vote.
Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina and Ohio seem to be improperly using Social Security data to verify registration applications for new voters.”
Sigh. Sadly, I saw nothing about this on the news…and I’m not surprised. Check your status folks!!
States’ Actions to Block Voters Appear Illegal [NYTimes]
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016