Do you ever wake up in the morning wishing you were someone else. Not forever — just for that moment in time. For me, at 6 A.M., when the last thing I want to do is get up and get ready for work, I wish I were a “lady of leisure.” I wish I could get up, hmmm, whenever. I wish I could go to the gym for 2-3 hours and then meet other “ladies of leisure” for lunch. Then, I wish I could go to a museum and to the movies and then…
Since, that is not my life (and I’d probably get bored of it anyways), I’ve figured out a way to pretend.
According to Dr. Alan Hirsch of the Smell and Taste Research Foundation in Chicago, “You are as you smell.” i.e. If I smell like a million bucks, people just might think I actually have a million bucks.
Not quite, but here are some picks to try on for your fragrance wardrobe.
What to wear when you want to impress your boss:
Citrus or classic floral scents that are approachable and not too overwhelming.
TRY: Vera Wang’s Truly Pink, $90.
What to wear on vacation:
Floral, citrus, or spice, whichever you think will make you stand out in a crowd.
Try: Ralph Lauren’s Notorious, $65
What to wear when you want to look rich:
Rosey, powder, with bold, musky notes
TRY: Tocca Britte, $68
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016