SO, after waiting in line for a little under an hour, dealing with elderly folks trying to cut (i don’t care if you are 80..no cutting) and the subtle paranoia that something was going to go wrong, I finally voted! It was fabulous, after switching my lever, I just stood there and damm near cried. But then I remembered that I had just rolled out of bed looking a WRECK and tears would just make me look crack-ish…so I broke out a big smile and walked out. What was your voting experience like? Was it everything you imagined it to be? Did you remember for your local elections as well?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016