Ever discover an artist that you wanna kick yourself for because you feel SUPER late? That’s how I felt when I first heard Salem Al Fakir recently. His single “Dream Girl” is my new fall jam, too bad it’s about two-years old. Some history: the Scandinavian crooner is somewhat of a genius. A child prodigy, he toured Russia as a solo violinist at age 12, and just like all great musicians, in addition to writing and composing, he plays virtually every instrument on his albumâ€”including the xylophoneâ€”take THAT Trey Songz! With that memorable hair and videos that tend to have an underlying silliness that you just don’t see that often here in the states, he is the last person you would expect to have such a soulful vibe, but he brings it with a Stevie Wonder / Bill WithersÂ like-seriousness on singles like “Thank You”, and “Good Song”. Sorry folks, I can’t find his album anywhere online, but he has some pretty cool merch here.
Your Welcome in advance! As you can probably tell, I tend to go “global” ALOT, more to come. – Bakes.
Peep the Video for “Dream Girl”:
“This Is Who I Am”
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016