Itâ€™s that time of year again, when weâ€™re supposed to be giving thanksâ€”but instead find ourselves cursing like sailors as we navigate the stressors of the season, from crazy travel to the office gift exchange. But I proposed we go retro this year, and take it back to what Thanksgiving is supposed to mean (or rather, what weâ€™ve said it means, since celebrating tricking people out of their land is no celebration at allâ€”but I digress). Anyway, per The Secret, letâ€™s give thanks for the amazing things this year has brought us in hopes that 2009 is even more beautiful.
10. â€œYou betchaâ€ is no longer considered an acceptable phrase in political discourse (for now).
9. Colbert is a funny MFerâ€”did you see his Christmas special yet? See guest and Parlour crush John
Legend sing about his â€œsweet, sweet nutmegâ€ here.
8. The Secret Service has done an amazing job keeping Jesse away from Obamaâ€™s nuts so far.
7. Spam is not the official meat of the holidaysâ€”yet.
6. SNL finally got good again for a little while.
5. Gas is averaging â€œjustâ€ $1.89 a gallon, down from a high of $4.11 in July.
4. Um, Parlour debuted this year, hello!
3. Somebody has a job out there, but…
2. Bush will soon be on the unemployment line, too.
1. President-elect Barack Obama has a nice ring to it
What are you thankful for this week?
If you like Kenryaâ€™s opinion, check out the rest of her posts here.
Last 5 posts by kenrya
- More Than Hair: How a Mom's Blowout Affected Her Daughter - March 15th, 2013
- No White Dolls Allowed: One Mom on Choosing Brown Dolls for Her Brown Girl - December 21st, 2012
- Why I'm Still Breastfeeding My One-Year-Old - August 8th, 2012
- My Family Never Thought I'd Have Kids, But I Did: Black + Green Mama - June 22nd, 2012
- 'Start It Up'!: Parlour Columnist Kenrya Rankin Tackles Teen — & Adult — Entrepreneurship - December 23rd, 2011