Gotta love it. Have you seen the new Holiday 2008 campaign from Banana Republic? Go open a magazine. Featuring Somali beauty, Yasmin Warsame frolicking through a winter wonderland with Spanish hottie Andres Velencoso, Banana must have heard the constant push for more Black models in the mainstream spectrum, but seeing that this is first time I can recall the brand showing an interracial couple. I personally love showing women of color with all types of men (the world is your oyster ladies), but does it bow a bit to the “token” category seeing that she is the only person of color? True love is blind and she is drop dead gorgeous, but nothing is ever an accident in advertising. Thoughts Ladies?
PS. Gotta love the Prada knock-off on the right!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017