Gotta love it. Have you seen the new Holiday 2008 campaign from Banana Republic? Go open a magazine. Featuring Somali beauty, Yasmin Warsame frolicking through a winter wonderland with Spanish hottie Andres Velencoso, Banana must have heard the constant push for more Black models in the mainstream spectrum, but seeing that this is first time I can recall the brand showing an interracial couple. I personally love showing women of color with all types of men (the world is your oyster ladies), but does it bow a bit to the “token” category seeing that she is the only person of color? True love is blind and she is drop dead gorgeous, but nothing is ever an accident in advertising. Thoughts Ladies?
PS. Gotta love the Prada knock-off on the right!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016