Remember how we crashed that Common X Microsoft ‘Softwear’ launch last week? Well, according to this piece we just found on Ad Age, Softwear is M’soft’s new tactic to become cool againâ€”thanks to Apple. And who other than to help bring the brand into today than Miami advertising hotshots, Crispin Porter & Bogusky?
“It’s no surprise that Crispin Porter & Boguskyâ€”the agency Microsoft is relying on to make it coolâ€”had a hand in the line of urban geek shirts expected to hit select stores on December 15. Crispin conceived of the collection, the branding and many of the designs, as well as all the marketing materials, an agency representative said.
The Redmond, Wash.-based software giant once again called upon a celebrity spokesperson to help it gain some street cred, this time, in the form of rapper Common. He contributed designs to the collection, reminiscent of the 80s, a time when he and Microsoft both came of age.”
It’s never just fashion, but it’s ALWAYS business.
Microsoft Turns to Crispin and the Rapper Common for New Clothing Line [AdAge]
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017