Remember how we crashed that Common X Microsoft ‘Softwear’ launch last week? Well, according to this piece we just found on Ad Age, Softwear is M’soft’s new tactic to become cool againâ€”thanks to Apple. And who other than to help bring the brand into today than Miami advertising hotshots, Crispin Porter & Bogusky?
“It’s no surprise that Crispin Porter & Boguskyâ€”the agency Microsoft is relying on to make it coolâ€”had a hand in the line of urban geek shirts expected to hit select stores on December 15. Crispin conceived of the collection, the branding and many of the designs, as well as all the marketing materials, an agency representative said.
The Redmond, Wash.-based software giant once again called upon a celebrity spokesperson to help it gain some street cred, this time, in the form of rapper Common. He contributed designs to the collection, reminiscent of the 80s, a time when he and Microsoft both came of age.”
It’s never just fashion, but it’s ALWAYS business.
Microsoft Turns to Crispin and the Rapper Common for New Clothing Line [AdAge]
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016