For today’s Throwback, we give you the whole shabang! Hollywood Shuffle is the 1980’s classic written by Robert Townsend (Five Heartbeats) and Keneen Ivory Wayans (In Living Color). Known for it’s hilarious lampoon of the treatment black actors received- and still receive- in Hollywood, coupled with common black stereotypes in TV and film at the time, it may be dated but the film is more current than ever in it’s message. My fave scene, “Black Acting School” – Mandingo, I love you!
Peep the vintage Essence mags in the bathroom in the opening scene.
Like you are working anwayâ€”it’s Thursday!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016