For today’s Throwback, we give you the whole shabang! Hollywood Shuffle is the 1980’s classic written by Robert Townsend (Five Heartbeats) and Keneen Ivory Wayans (In Living Color). Known for it’s hilarious lampoon of the treatment black actors received- and still receive- in Hollywood, coupled with common black stereotypes in TV and film at the time, it may be dated but the film is more current than ever in it’s message. My fave scene, “Black Acting School” – Mandingo, I love you!
Peep the vintage Essence mags in the bathroom in the opening scene.
Like you are working anwayâ€”it’s Thursday!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016