For today’s Throwback, we give you the whole shabang! Hollywood Shuffle is the 1980’s classic written by Robert Townsend (Five Heartbeats) and Keneen Ivory Wayans (In Living Color). Known for it’s hilarious lampoon of the treatment black actors received- and still receive- in Hollywood, coupled with common black stereotypes in TV and film at the time, it may be dated but the film is more current than ever in it’s message. My fave scene, “Black Acting School” – Mandingo, I love you!
Peep the vintage Essence mags in the bathroom in the opening scene.
Like you are working anwayâ€”it’s Thursday!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017