“Although the air is heavy with joy we also realize the enormity of Obamaâ€™s win on our culture.Â Four million slaves were shipped to Brazil and we still have the largest population of blacks outside of Nigeria.Â We were the last country in the Americas to abolish slavery in 1888.Â Obamaâ€™s win resonates with many because it reminds us that there are still issues of race we must face.”
This is a bit old, but one of my favorite bloggers, Xica Bahia, takes a moment to reflect on the Obama win and it’s impact on racism in Brasil. How do you think global race relations will change with the impact of a Obama Presidency?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016