Hi ladies! By now you’re familiar with the story of Oscar Grant, a young man in Oakland, Ca who was shot by Bay Area Rapid Transit police while he was in cuffs and restrained. We’ve heard that the shooter resigned, Oakland natives rioted and now the Grant family has retained the city’s premier police brutality lawyer, John Burris, for the case. But what we haven’t heard is the perspective of people on the ground in Oakland. So for this week’s episode of “I’m Sayin Radio” Chloe and I speak to several guests, one related to a gentlemen on the platform with Oscar Grant New Year’s Day, about what happened, why and what people are really doing about police violence in Northern California.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015