Hey Ladies (& the Gents who love us)! If you a a creative person like me, you know that most of these big “design” or “creative” conferences are just plain B-O-R-I-N-G and pretty self serving to the big players. Needless to say, i’m pretty psyched about the upcoming 99% Conference, taking place April 16-17th in NYC. Billing itself with the mantra “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen”, I think that 99% just may be a good jump-start for those of us (ok, well me) that are holding in a trillion ideas and in need of direction and inspiration to put them into motion. Presented by Behance and Cool Hunting, this just may be a great reason to descend in the city….and the confirmed list of speakers (see above) isn’t that bad either. But can we get some estrogen on that panel please? To quote Klymaxx…”Divas need love too.”
ps. I did manage to put one idea into motion last year…Parlour!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016