I’m not sure if I told you ladies but when I moved recently, my friends made fun of me for having an abundance of seasoning salt and pepper in my cabinet. My response, “um, maybe all my food does taste the same?” Then I asked the bf, whom I’m usually cooking with, “does all of my food taste the same?” Turns out…YES! This was a bad thing.
Now, I’m trying a new recipe as often as I can. Last week it was shrimp scampi with wheat pasta and tomatoes, this week it’s pan seared salmon, from a recipe I found on Allrecipes. It’s amazing what you can google these days. I threw it over the pasta I had left over from the shrimp scampi, added tomatoes and avocado with a side salad and voila! Next time I think I’m going to add some sauce…
What’s the latest new recipe you’ve tried? What twists did you add? Recipe after the jump!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 20 mins
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices lemon
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Coat salmon with olive oil. Place in skillet, and increase heat to high. Cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with capers, and salt and pepper. Turn salmon over, and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer salmon to individual plates, and garnish with lemon slices.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015