By now you guys know that I have a healthy love/hate relationship with the L Word and it’s lovely ladies. It’s the last season so hopefully they make a believer out of me, but just in case the magic fades, I will have something that I will love forever: Uh Huh Her. Named after a PJ Harvey b-side, Uh Huh Her is the LA-based electro-pop duo comprised of musician & actress Leisha Hailey (aka The L Word’s Alice Pieszecki) and producer/multi-instrumentalist Camila Grey.
Their sound takes on a lush, sultry vibe instead of your normal synth-heavy electro-sounds that tend to crowd the spectrum, and has an edginess that reminds me of the first time I heard and fell in love with Heart in the eighties. Peep their video for “Not A Love Song” off of their album, Common Reaction, below. Besides the great music, hair and eye-makeup, there is a unicornâ€”instant awesomeness. My fave tracks on Common Reaction?: “Common Reaction”, “Explode” and “Covered.” Discover for yourself!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016