By now you guys know that I have a healthy love/hate relationship with the L Word and it’s lovely ladies. It’s the last season so hopefully they make a believer out of me, but just in case the magic fades, I will have something that I will love forever: Uh Huh Her. Named after a PJ Harvey b-side, Uh Huh Her is the LA-based electro-pop duo comprised of musician & actress Leisha Hailey (aka The L Word’s Alice Pieszecki) and producer/multi-instrumentalist Camila Grey.
Their sound takes on a lush, sultry vibe instead of your normal synth-heavy electro-sounds that tend to crowd the spectrum, and has an edginess that reminds me of the first time I heard and fell in love with Heart in the eighties. Peep their video for “Not A Love Song” off of their album, Common Reaction, below. Besides the great music, hair and eye-makeup, there is a unicornâ€”instant awesomeness. My fave tracks on Common Reaction?: “Common Reaction”, “Explode” and “Covered.” Discover for yourself!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016