Hm…OK, 1) Maybe owing $120,000+ in back taxes isn’t the gold ticket to Obama’s cabinet. So my morning coffee offer falls flat guys? Is that what this means? 2) This is the shortest NYT story EVER.
Daschle Withdraws as Health Nominee
WASHINGTON (AP) — Tom Daschle has withdrawn his nomination to be Health and Human Services secretary.
That’s according to a joint White House statement from President Barack Obama and his former nominee.
Obama said Tuesday he accepted the withdrawal “with sadness and regret.”
Daschle has been battling for his nomination since it was disclosed he failed to pay more than $120,000 in taxes.
He said he’s withdrawing because he’s not a leader who has the full faith of Congress and will be a distraction.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015