So I was perusing NYMag last night and found this article, “Female Bank of England Employees Must Wear Makeup and Heels.” Apparently, the Bank of England sent around a memo to its female employees mandating that they wear heels, make-up including lipstick and toss their big purses. Er? Here’s the memo per NYM by way of WWD:
â€œLook professional, not fashionable; be careful with perfume; always wear a heel of some sort â€” maximum 2 inches; always wear some sort of makeup â€” even if itâ€™s just lipstick.â€ Shoes and skirt must be the same color. No-noâ€™s include ankle chains â€” â€œprofessional, but not the one you want to be associated with;â€ white high heels; overstuffed handbags; an overload of rings, and double-pierced ears.
Craziness. I’ve personally never had a dress code. I wear stretch pants to work every other day…thanks American Apparel…so this just sounds like torture to me. Do you have a dress code? Ever gotten a note about your outfits, etc? I want to hear about it…this is interesting.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015