OK, so I found this recipe on a whim AND my continuous effort to cook new things that don’t taste like Lawry’s. Plus, I was trying to make something of the chicken breast, salt, pepper and mandarin oranges that I had in my house. I liked this Tarragon Orange Chicken…it was a light and interesting taste. Of course I had to add some more pepper, throw in some green peas (get those veggies!) and I substituted cornmeal for flour. I need to go shopping and buy some ingredients like I actually cook.
Results: The roomie liked it! The bf calledÂ it “borderline granola” (as in hippie-esque) – but he’s a hater.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins, Recipe after the jump!.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 10 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained, reserving 1/2 cup syrup
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
Melt butter with olive oil in large skillet. Add chicken, tarragon, garlic, and onion and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes. In small bowl, stir together orange juice concentrate, cornstarch and reserved mandarin orange syrup. Stir into chicken mixture. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender and sauce has thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in oranges and serve with hot cooked pasta or rice.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015