I know, I know, it seems that I’ve been all over Cuba lately but hey, the island just won’t go away! While doing some late night webbing over at Fresh Selects I found out that RoddyRod is re-releasing 2007’s Cuba After Market, an groovy aural history of the island that featured Parlour faves like Muhsinah and Wayna. Normally, when an artist re-releases a project, we do a collective yawn, but this is different. For this upcoming redeaux, he’s added Phonte and Nicholas Ryan Grant to the fold. Just in time for tank tops, mojitos and lazy stoop afternoons. It drops May 26th. See for yourself by downloading the sampler here.
Check this snippet of “This Time Around” featuring Phonte and Carlitta Durand:
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016