I dunno if Gwyneth Paltrow should ever give anyone advice on how to be “hood”, but when asked about Joaquin Phoenix’s newly found career as a rapper, she had this to say: “I think that there might be some other explanation or something going on. I’m not quite sure what, but I can’t believe that he’s really going to quit [acting] forever to become a rapper…”
When asked what advice she has Phoenix, she replied, “Hmm … maybe to go live in the projects for a few years to get some authenticity, maybe.”
Umm yeah. I didn’t know that you absolutely had to live in the projects to be a rapper, but seeing how her and Jay-Z are so chummy and he represent Marcy Projects (Bed Stuy!) all day, maybe she felt comfortable enough to pass this gem?
Its Monday. Sigh.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016