I dunno if Gwyneth Paltrow should ever give anyone advice on how to be “hood”, but when asked about Joaquin Phoenix’s newly found career as a rapper, she had this to say: “I think that there might be some other explanation or something going on. I’m not quite sure what, but I can’t believe that he’s really going to quit [acting] forever to become a rapper…”
When asked what advice she has Phoenix, she replied, “Hmm … maybe to go live in the projects for a few years to get some authenticity, maybe.”
Umm yeah. I didn’t know that you absolutely had to live in the projects to be a rapper, but seeing how her and Jay-Z are so chummy and he represent Marcy Projects (Bed Stuy!) all day, maybe she felt comfortable enough to pass this gem?
Its Monday. Sigh.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016