Looks like this is the week for Apple announcements, and Iâ€™ve got just three words for yâ€™all: CUT AND PASTE!
As an iPhone user, the lack of cut and paste functionality has been a major source of frustration. So when I heard Apple would be announcing updates to the iPhone operating system, I crossed my fingers. It must have worked, â€™cause they are adding cut and paste across all programs, including online and text messaging.
Other highlights of the new OS:
-Subscription services available in App Store
-Peer connectivity, so you can connect your iPhone with others to play games or share contacts
-Push functionality, useful for staying connected to your IM convos when you switch over to check your email
-MMS, so you can send pics without attaching them to emails (Will work on as yet unannounced 3rd generation iPhone, but not the 1st generation. Boooo!)
-Streaming video (but still no Flash)
-Landscape keyboard across all programs for fewer typing mistakes
Updates will be available in June and will be free for iPhone users (9.95 for iPod Touch).
Thanks to Engadget
Last 5 posts by kenrya
- More Than Hair: How a Mom's Blowout Affected Her Daughter - March 15th, 2013
- No White Dolls Allowed: One Mom on Choosing Brown Dolls for Her Brown Girl - December 21st, 2012
- Why I'm Still Breastfeeding My One-Year-Old - August 8th, 2012
- My Family Never Thought I'd Have Kids, But I Did: Black + Green Mama - June 22nd, 2012
- 'Start It Up'!: Parlour Columnist Kenrya Rankin Tackles Teen — & Adult — Entrepreneurship - December 23rd, 2011