I’m not Catholic so please don’t be upset with me if you are. But I just can’t condone Pope Benedict XVI going to Africa where the AIDS rate is sky high and preaching abstinence and NOT condoms.
I understand the cross-section of religion, premarital sex and eternal damnation, etc but really Pope Benedict? It’s 2009 and many countries have realized people are GOING to have sex – if they aren’t already – and that working with people who’re having sex by providing them with protection is much more logical than closing your eyes, crossing your fingers and praying that couples don’t engage. Really?
But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, Kenrya already told us about this one last year…
“Itâ€™s just that I canâ€™t muster enthusiasm for the arrival of a man who, as the face of the Vatican, seems to be deeply out of touch with the realities of life in the 21st Century… Prime example: When he visited Brazil last May, Pope Benedict XVI told 185 million Brazilian Catholics that they will go to hell for using condoms to prevent the transmission of AIDS. Whatâ€™s nextâ€”holding hands will give us cancer?”
image via scrape tv
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015